Friday 19 January 2007

These boots were made for walking

Wednesday was a day full of fun (can't you just feel the sarcasm)
It started when I parked on the verge of the company pond (normally known as the car park), although it was slightly flooded and since I wasn't early I was the one with wet feet, and I mean literally, my usual casual office shoes were no match for the pond and my feet were wet as soon as I got out of the car.

So I'm walking around the office bare foot and finding that the carpet on the edge of the walkways (where few people walk) is lovely and soft, I was fairly happy and had forgotten about the treacherous weather outside and the fact I was barefoot, that was until a delivery guy in his big man boots stood on my feet, not once but twice! the first time he apologised but the second he just covered his assets, that might have been due to the look I gave him, ha.
My shoes had dried out by mid morning so I decided to put them back on, they were a bit stiff and god did my feet hurt when I eventually got home, late as usual.

Thursday, mindful of the previous days events I decided to wear boots, I have a lovely pair of Stella McCartney boots that if I must say look fab on me, but if I'm going to wear fashionable boots I couldn't wear the usual office getup so I pulled out a designer suit to match.
My cautionary tactics proved to be well thought out as our pond was now a lake and the water was only just below the door of my car (thats a normal saloon not a 4x4) ok I'm exaggerating a bit but it was deep enough to submerge my feet, so I wade through the water watching some of the guys trying to convince the security guards to park their cars so they wouldn't get their feet wet, judging from the number of guys with rolled up trousers they didn't succeed.

Now wearing boots means I have to wear socks, I'm not much of a sock lover but have a supply for such occasions, the only problem being my toe nails are nice and sharp so when I got home I had a hole in each one where my big toe was, I like my toe nails, they are good for stabbing people with in night clubs when they annoy me :)

No comments: