Sunday 14 January 2007

Fight club - temp girls - Part 2

There was me saying I was aiming for 1 post a day and I go and miss 2 days!! thats life I guess.

Anyway so onto the temp girls.
So things flared up mid week, I nearly fired Amy because she used Joanne's email to send a message to people, the message was worded as an apology from Joanne, but it backfired in Amy's face, especially when I got wind of it.

To cut a long story short, mainly because I'm tired and want to go to sleep, Joanne handed her notice in, I probably spent more time talking to her about what she planned to do than I had during the whole time she worked for me, turns out she's a really smart girl, much more than people give her credit for.
For those of you thinking I'm a bad boss for not knowing much about her, yes I should spend more time getting to know the people who work for me but her direct supervisor is off sick which is why all this ended up on my plate, we all learn from things and I've decided to make some changes to how things function, some perhaps some good came of it after all

No comments: