Sunday 21 January 2007

Text messaging

or I believe it's called sms'ing now, I must be getting old!

After a night out drinking I sometimes get a text from my sister, although we share an apartment she thinks it's safer to text me than knock on my door, now in a semi-conscious state I like text's which don't require much mental power to process, my sisters messages are normally something like 'hi, how r u feeling?' which is very easy to understand even with slightly blurred vision and a hangover from hell.

I was out last night with some friends and had given my mobile number to a friend who didn't have it, he must have thought he pulled or something since I got a message from him today reading 'Hi, h r u 2d, rick x' I've changed the name to to rick for the purpose of this post, I hadn't had that much to drink so no ill effects this morning, but I had to think about the message for a few moments before I understood it, 'h' doesn't sound anything like 'how', the 'r u' is easily understood for 'are you', but '2d' for 'today', I know it's easy on the fingers but am I just getting old or something?

I sent a text back about an hour after he sent it, just a simple 'I'm fine thanks', got a reply almost immediately 'gld to hr it, lkg fwd 2 nx tme, x' am I reading to much in to the kisses, haven't replied to that one, my head still hurts from reading it.

No comments: