Sunday 4 March 2007

Virgin Media sucks!

Yes I'm one of the poor sods who signed up to NTL and this recent squabble between VM and SKY has lowered my perception of Virgin a lot, it hasn't affected my opinion of Sky since I think they suck anyway!

So Virgin say that they would have to pass on the astronomical price Sky wanted, it's funny that Sky told us what that figure was, £10.95 a year per customer, ok so that's £36 million for VM since it has 3.3 million customers, but that's an increase of 91 pence a month for each customer.

Now since VM has dropped the Sky basic package does that mean they will save £18 million a year (based on the fact VM said Sky doubled the price) of course not, now they have you paying what ever it is you pay there is no chance in hell your getting a reduction.

Quote from VM site
"more of you have told us you'd rather have the money back as improvements to your TV service, than money off your monthly cost"

I've read several pages of the customer feedback and I'm getting the opposite opinion here, it seems most people are telling VM to cut the bullshit and put Sky back on and if not then they want a reduction since what VM are offering in replacement is a load bollocks.

Quote from VM site
"So thanks to Sky, their basic channels, like Sky One and Sky News, have disappeared from our service"

Come-on guys get it right,
"Because Sky and Virgin Media couldn't reach an agreement on the cost VM pays for Sky's bacic package, VM has decided to withdraw this package from their service"

Quote from VM site
"Sky has also announced that it will be removing its channels from Freeview before the summer too."

Ok they're right but a bit selective about telling the whole story! Sky Three, Sky News and Sky Sports News will disappear from Freeview to make way for four new channels for a monthly subscription, only two of the channels are on VM anyway and Sky wanting to charge is nothing new, oh and by the way Sky were very open about their plans.

Now you may think im a Sky supporter but as I said at the beginning I think Sky suck big time and yes I think Murdock is the anti-christ but for goodness sake I just want my telle!

Oh and the VM site I keep referring to
http://allyours.virginmedia.com/fairplay/faq.html