Sunday 16 March 2008

Shopping for birthday gifts


Ok I know I like shopping but sometime this week I have to take my brother shopping for a birthday gift for his girlfriend. I somehow volunteered to do this last week, although I don't remember!


I hardly know her but since we're both girls we have something in common, at least that's what my brother says. They have been dating for over a year now and the last present he bought her didn't go down too well, it was some kind of novelty item which he now has.


I went shopping with him for mothers day gifts, well he dragged me along as I wasn't going to get anything otherwise, so mothers day warranted a quick visit to our local Asda (I'm usually a Salisbury's girl but he was driving), we both picked up pretty much the first item and cards we found. I would apologise for the lack of effort but hey I actually bought her something this time, last year Katherine bought something and put my name on it for me, my siblings know me so well!


So in Asda we tried one of those self service checkouts, what a major pain in the arse that was. It didn't like the barcode on some of the items so we had to enter the code and then it didn't like the items being in the bag so we had to take them out and after all that it didn't like the chip in my credit card and the assistant had to come over and help, I had to sign my name on this little computer screen which is a lot harder than it looks, modern bloody technology!


So back on topic, I'm trying to think what to buy, I think I'll call her Courtney. Suggestions welcome, I'm aiming for something nice but that at least looks like he could have bought it.


Sophie and I are joining the both of them in going swimming on the weekend, I'm hoping her arse looks as good out of those jeans as it does in them **wink wink

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Dam spell checker, I just noticed it says Salisbury's where it should say Sainsbury's, doh!

Boy said...

Mwahahaha! As far as presents go, I have no idea. I've always been useless at these things, and as a result I've always been honest with my ladies and just asked them what they wanted. Not romantic, but that's why you take them for a birthday meal! Just get her some flowers and make him spoil her all day.