Thursday 30 August 2007

Jessica

I think most people who blog don't use their real names and I'm no different.

I SEE YOU
It came as a slight shock when someone called me Jessica by mistake, I tried as you do to make it seem like the name didn't mean anything to me.


It was even more of a shock when I was in another office and someone insisted on calling out the name, I tried to ignore the call but the person started walking towards me, my heart skipped a beat when he stopped next to me. I didn't dare look but standing there he said the name again and I was just about to look at him when another girl standing near by answered him. The relief I felt when the two of them went off together leaving me alone.

2 comments:

M said...

I have two contributors to my blog who use pseudonyms. It is important for them because they are in very sensitive situations and they use me as a speaker for their plight.

What is good is that they are not identified, and they are safe from others, but what they are not safe from is the pain they have, and the false name actually liberates their silence, they are heard, but not seen.

It must be awfully intimidating or difficult to see people who know about what you have written, especially some of the more blue of stories! I'd like to be more candid, but I have readers who know me as 'Michael' in real life. I need another pseudonym on a second blog for that!

The one thing I love about the bloggosphere is the honesty of the writers, I hope you don't compromise on that, but if your personal life is affected, I duely understand.

Unknown said...

Ahhh, that'd be so scary. I use my real name but wouldn't give away my full name or identity knowingly. I scramble photos so that I'm not recognisable...and if someone I knew found out about my blog (my boyf's currently the only one who knows) I'd be a bit worried. Not because I use it to slate my friends or anything, but just because it'd limit what I could write about massively.