Saturday 25 August 2007

Drinking session


So last night I went out on a drinking session with a group of friends. To my surprise it turned out to be quite a large group of people, about 30 I guess, a few new faces and some of the usual suspects were not in attendance.


I was very keen to get some alcohol in me after the events of the past week end and ended up on my third drink before most of the group had finished their first. I'm a vodka and coke girl and last night was in the mood for doubles.


It was a quiet evening, no fights or other problems, not that we're a bunch of thugs but with a large group of people drinking trouble can quite often find us. The usual sort of problem is bumping into someone when trying to navigate your way around and the person not accepting your apology or even offering to get them a drink if it's quite a big bump.


So there was me very keen on getting drunk and several of the guys more than happy to help me along in that respect. Although quite happy to flirt and give them some encouragement I was not in the mood to have sex with anyone of either gender, the influx of vodka did help take my mind off said person but I don't think I'm ready to move on just yet.


I usually have a limit in mind so that I can at least do more than lay in bed the following morning, needless to say with me being on doubles I quickly passed my limit. I also managed to keep all my clothes, me getting drunk can lead to a loss of clothing on my part.


They say alcohol doesn't solve any problems and I tend to agree, since after recovering from a hangover my mind wanders back onto the same old topics as before.

1 comment:

M said...

Alcohol certainly makes an evening more bright and fun. But I try to enjoy the people around. I try to get as merry as possible in proportion to the least amount of alcohol!

I hope your hangover wasn't too bad. But we do have to return to normal life afterwards, that's what I hate the most.

Always a pleasure to read your chronicles

M