Thursday 6 December 2007

"Let's go to work."

I didn't want to make a 3rd post in a row about facebook, but thanks to the overwhelming anger from the general public the guys at fb have realised their stupidity about the beacon saga and have now given us a complete opt-out (I'm not happy that they didn't go the full hog and make it opt-in), you'll find the new option under external websites in your privacy settings.


I truly hope this is the last post I make on the subject!


Ok so the title "Let's go to work." are the final words spoken in a television series I've come to enjoy and was thus the inspiration for my recent fancy dress costume. What am I talking about? well it can be the one and only Angel, the vampire with a soul.

I wasn't much of a buffy fan and only started watching Angel by chance, it may seem ironic to some of you that I prefer the series about the guy rather than the one about the girl but I found the whole angel package more entertaining. I'm referring to the writing, acting, plot and overall performance not David Boreanaz's package, although I do admit he's rather cute I think Amy Acker is more my type especially in the Illyria get-up.


I know the series was cancelled in 2004 but this is the first time I've seen the whole run, thanks to Sci-Fi although they sometimes make a mess of the broadcast.


I did shed a tear as the episode drew to a close, a combination of the story content and the knowledge that this was the end, I think the story continues in a comic form but I think I'll stick with the televised ending.


I feel strange, sad in a way, but it's more strange. I've watched the story and now it's over life goes on, work tomorrow will be no different than today but I feel different. That may sound stupid as it's just a TV show but watching the show daily for the past 6 months I feel a gap now exists. I find it funny the impact these characters have on our lives.


I must be getting soppy in my old age! I have a birthday coming up and I've just realised I started this blog back in January.

1 comment:

Boy said...

Ah don't worry about it. I'm an absolute keano for getting emotionally attached to TV shows. A couple of years ago, when I'd devoured all 4 series of scrubs, life just seemed kinda empty, knowing there would be no new episodes for me to watch until 2 that morning.

You will move on. And if not, then you can always get a surrogate TV show. Like Scrubs!

Not that I'm obssesed or anything...