Tuesday 15 January 2008

More crap with blu-ray

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7187179.stm

This is another reason I hate these stupid format wars. It basically says if you have already bought a blu-ray player your screwed when it comes to new content!

"We needed to create momentum and get the players on the market. If we had postponed launch to add in the hardware for the latest features, we would not be in the situation we have today." Frank Simonis, Philips
In response to that comment I would want them to swap a player out for a new one as they are saying if it wasn't for the early adopters they wouldn't be in the position they are now, it sounds to me like they are ready to forget about the people who helped get them to the top.

You can probably tell from the tone how much this stuff annoys me and I'm not even a tech savy person.
Just to clarify I do not own a blu-ray or hd-dvd player and will not be purchasing one any time soon, in fact if it's possible I plan on waiting until the next format comes along and pushes these two formats aside, but if any prospective manufactures are reading this NO MORE FORMAT WARS FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!

1 comment:

Boy said...

Stupid nobbing format wars. Blu Ray will win, because I always support the loosing format, and I wanted HDDVD to win. I supported Sega, and bought a dreamcast, then they died. Then I supported nintendo, and they would've died if they hadn't come up with the Wii. Instead of getting a game boy I got a "Game.Com" system.

If I'd been around, I'd have got betamax too....

But the funtionalities changed a quite a bit. HDDVD had better functionality, so sony had to re-do their software to do the same stuff, which means all the old players need updating. Ridiculous!